Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween was Jed and my first Halloween with Jamesy which made it extra fun, though I'm sure it will be even more fun when James knows enough to be excited about it. James dressed up as an adorable little skeleton to go begging neighbors for candy that Jed and I could eat later since he really can't have it yet. It was rainy and kind of yucky outside Halloween night and James's bedtime is 7ish so we just took James around the block, but he still seemed very interested in everything going on. In fact, James's favorite part was probably just standing beside our door as kids came up to trick or treat. He wanted to see what was going on out there and would cry anytime Jed or I tried to shut the door after someone left.

Jed and I were also reminded of the perils of leaving a basket of candy outside. I bought 7 pounds of candy (yes 7) and when Jed and I both walked around to say hello to the neighbors we left the basket outside and came home to a very diminished candy supply. We left the basket out again after James went to bed so people wouldn't be ringing the bell while he was sleeping and the candy was gone in all of 15 minutes. Sorry people who came to our house after 7:15!


No comments:

Post a Comment