Saturday, July 16, 2011

The 4th

So the 4th of July happened awhile ago, but just because I didn't blog about it right away doesn't mean we didn't have a great time. For the 4th this year Jed and I both took Friday off and at least part of Tuesday so that we could have a nice (very long) weekend in Georgia at my parents lake house. We hung out with family, skied and knee-boarded, rode on jet skis, swam, and jumped off of the dock. No fireworks though. It started raining the night of the 4th (thankfully not during the day when we were doing all of the fun things mentioned) so we couldn't see any fireworks. We attempted watching the Macy's 4th show on tv but fireworks just aren't the same when you're not there in person. Oh well ... fireworks or not it was an amazing 4th. And to prove how much fun we had, here are some pictures :)

Danielle and my cousin Lisa swimming in the lake

Jed hanging out on the dock (somewhat begrudgingly taking a picture for me)

On the jetski

Coming back on the boat

I attempted to make a fun flag cake - it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself even though the picture doesn't look great. It is surprisingly hard to take an appetizing picture of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment